Privacy & Cookies
Utrecht 3581 CS
T: + 31 30 30 31 200
BOLT Advocaten processes personal data: (i) about you and/or the related company or business that uses our services, (ii) because you choose to provide us with that information, and/or (iii) because we have a legal obligation to process personal data in the framework of the our compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Personal data that we process are: first and last name, gender, date of birth, place of birth, place of residence, phone number, email address, bank account number.
BOLT Advocaten processed in specific cases also special and/or sensitive personal data like that in the framework of our services is necessary in order to represent the interests of our client or for the compliance with legislation and regulations: health or medical data, criminal records, personal matters in the personal or residential sphere, social security number (BSN), biometric data, and data from copy of identification documents such as passport or driver’s license, data about building and origin personal estate and interest holdings in enterprises or financial assets.
BOLT Advocaten processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- Identifying and executing services for and to defend the interests of clients
- For the purpose of correspondence and case handling in the context of our practice
- To keep track and administer work, and to prepare invoices and handle payments
- Keeping and managing human resources data
- For sending our newsletter or white papers, maintaining business contact with clients and prospects, other business advisors and other lawyers at home and abroad
- To be able to call or email you if this is necessary in order to perform our services
- BOLT Advocaten also processes personal data if we are required to do so by law, such as data that we need for tax returns, administration, tracking, among other things, in the context of compliance with the Law on the prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorism (Wwft) and the Regulation on Advocaten (Verordening op de Advocatuur).
BOLT Advocaten never processes personal data on the basis of automated processing on matters that (significant) may have an impact on people.
How long we store personal data
BOLT Advocaten saves your personal information no longer than is necessary to achieve the goals for which your information is collected.
We observe the following retention periods for the following (categories) of personal data:
1. Client and business relations data: we collect and store client data and data from their contact persons in our system for future communication purposes. Personal information includes personal details and contact information, function and – if applicable – data of the legal entity of the company. Client records are maintained as long as there is frequent contact with the relevant client or business relationship and/or BOLT Advocaten provides services to the client. BOLT Advocaten has adopted the policy that its system is checked and personal data that no longer qualifies is removed annually. Data of clients and contact people with whom no contact has existed for more than 12 months will be deleted from our system.
2. Wwft data: personal data that we process in carrying out obligations under the Law on the prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorism (Wwft): BOLT Advocaten keeps records of (i) the clients and qualifying ultimate beneficiaries in the context of the research collected data for five years from the date of the termination of the business relationship or up to 5 years after performing the relevant transaction in which we advise, and (ii) the data of the reporting of unusual transactions submitted to the relevant authorities, fixed for 5 years after the time of doing the message.
3. Case files: Personal information that is included matter files in which we act on the basis of our engagement, which upon archiving will as much as possible be removed if unnecessary for archiving purposes. The files are kept in electronic or physical archive for 5 years after closing of the file or termination of our involvement in the relevant matter.
4. Administration: the legal retention period for our administrative data is 7 years. Personally identifiable information (necessarily) are part of the administration is being kept for 7 years and then deleted. At the compiling of the administration files, we assess if personal data is necessary to preserve for the purposes of our administrative duties, and if not, removed.
5. Employees and job applications: we process personal data of applicants up to 3 weeks after the end of the application process, unless the application leads to employment or service contract with us. In the latter case, the data included in the personnel file in our records is processed and kept up to 7 years after the end of the employment or service relationship. At the end of the relationship, personal data that will be kept only concerns the pats of the personal data necessary for our administrative duties and to preserve our rights and obligations.
Sharing of personal data with third parties
BOLT Advocaten only provides your personal data to third persons if this is necessary for the performance of our contract with your, the services for our clients or the handling of matters, and also in order to comply with specific legal obligations.
Cookies and similar techniques
BOLT Advocaten uses only technical and functional cookies, as well as analytical cookies that do not infringe upon your privacy and do not involve our processing of personal data.
A cookie is a small (text) file that upon visit of our website www.boltlaw.nl is being stored on your computer, tablet or smartphone and then can be detected and read when you visit our website. The cookies we use are necessary for the technical operation of the website and your ease of use. They make sure that the website is working properly and remember your preference settings.
You can opt out of cookies by your internet browser so that it does not save cookies more. In addition, you can also all information previously stored via your browser settings delete.
How we protect personal information
BOLT Advocaten takes the protection of your data seriously and take appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorized modification. If you have the impression that your data is not properly secured or there is evidence of abuse, please contact us via email@example.com.
Inspect, modify, or delete personal data
You have the right to see your personal information, to correct or remove it. In addition, you have the right to withdraw previously given permission for data processing or object to the processing of your personal data by BOLT Advocaten
Finally, you also have the right to data portability. That means that you can submit a request to transfer the personal data that we have in a computer file to you or another organization, you mentioned.
You can request the inspection, correction, removal, data transfer of your personal data or withdraw your consent or objection on the processing of your personal data by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure that the request for inspection is done by you, we will ask you a copy of your photo ID to send the request. Please blacken or remove in this copy of your passport your photo, MRZ (machine readable zone, the strip with numbers at the bottom of the passport), passport number and social security number (BSN). This to protect your own privacy. We respond as quickly as possible, in any case within four weeks, to your request.
You have the possibility to complain to the national supervisory authority, the authority personal data. That can be done via the following link: APG complaint